Cisco CCNA exam answers: CCNA Discovery 1 DHomesb, CCNA Discovery 2 Dsmb-or-ISP, CCNA Discovery 3 DRSEnterprise, CCNA Discovery 4 DCompNetworks, CCNA answers of all chapters and finals
discovery dhomesb chapter 5
1. How large are IPv4 addresses?
• 8 bits • 16 bits • 32 bits • 64 bits • 128 bits
Refer to the graphic. A user at the workstation cannot connect to the
server. All cables have been tested and are working and all devices have
IP addressing. However, the user cannot ping the server. What is
causing the problem?
• The router interface does not have a default gateway. • The switch does not have an IP address and default gateway • The workstation and server are on different logical networks. • The workstation does not know the MAC address of the switch.
3. Which part of an IP address identifies a specific device on a network? • first two octets • third and fourth octets • network portion • host portion • only the fourth octet
4. Given a host with the IP address 184.108.40.206 and a default subnet mask, to which network does the host belong? • 220.127.116.11 • 18.104.22.168 • 22.214.171.124 • 126.96.36.199
5. Which default subnet mask provides the most host bits? • 255.0.0.0 • 255.255.0.0 • 255.255.255.0 • 255.255.255.252
Q.6. How many bits are available for Class B host IP addresses using a default subnet mask? • 4 • 8 •16 • 24
7. How many usable hosts are available given a Class C IP address with the default subnet mask? • 254 • 255 • 256 • 510 • 511 • 512
8. Assuming a default mask, which portion of the IP address 188.8.131.52 represents the host? • 175.124 • 35.4 • .4 • 124.35.4 • 175.124.35
9. Which of the following are private IP addresses? (Choose three.) • 10.1.1.1 • 184.108.40.206 • 220.127.116.11 • 172.16.4.4 • 192.168.5.5 • 18.104.22.168
10. What destination IP address is used in a unicast packet? • a specific host • a group of hosts • the default gateway • the network broadcast address
11. What is the destination MAC address in a multicast Ethernet frame? • the MAC address of the sending host • the MAC address of the destination host • an address that begins with 01-00-5E in hexadecimal • a 48-bit hexadecimal address expressed as FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF
12. Yvonne is talking to her friend on the phone. What type of message is this? • broadcast • simulcast • multicast • unicast
13. What information must be included within a unicast message for it to be delivered on an Ethernet network? • MAC and IP addresses for the default router • IP address and subnet mask of the default gateway • MAC and IP addresses that correspond to a destination group MAC and IP addresses that correspond to a specific destination host
14. A PC obtains its IP address from a DHCP server.
If the PC is taken off the network for repair, what happens to the IP
address configuration? • The configuration is permanent and nothing changes. • The address lease is automatically renewed until the PC is returned • The address is returned to the pool for reuse when the lease expires. • The configuration is held by the server to be reissued when the PC is returned.
15. Which type of server dynamically assigns an IP address to a host? • ARP • DHCP • DNS • RARP
16. Which three statements describe a DHCP Discover message? (Choose three.)
• The source MAC address is 48 ones (FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF). • The destination IP address is 255.255.255.255. • The message comes from a server offering an IP address. • The message comes from a client seeking an IP address. • All hosts receive the message, but only a DHCP server replies. • Only the DHCP server receives the message.
Refer to the graphic. A host connects to a Linksys integrated router
that is also a DHCP server and receives an IP address from it. Which
address does the host need to access the ISP and the Internet? • IP address of the destination host • public gateway IP address of the ISP • external IP address of the integrated router that connects to the ISP • internal IP address of the integrated router that connects to the local network
18. Which statement is true concerning private IP addresses? • ensures that two networks separated by the Internet use unique IP network numbers • allows internal hosts to communicate with servers across the Internet • solves the issue of a finite number of available public IP addresses • allows for ISPs to be able to quickly determine network location
19. What is one of the purposes of NAT? • filters network traffic based on IP address ranges • prevents external users from detecting the IP addresses used on a network • inspects traffic that might be harmful or used in an attack against the network • translates IP addresses into easy-to-remember domain names
20. Which two statements describe packets that are sent through a Linksys integrated router using NAT? (Choose two.) • Packets that are sent to any destination need to be translated. • Packets that are sent to hosts on the same network need to be translated • Packets that are sent to a destination outside the local network need to be translated. • Packets that are sent to a destination outside a local network do not need to be translated • Packets that are sent between hosts on the same local network do not need to be translated.
Refer to the graphic. NAT and DHCP are installed on the Linksys
integrated router. Which IP address is most likely to be assigned to the
local computer, Host1? • 10.0.0.17 • 22.214.171.124 • 126.96.36.199